Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sunshine and Painting, a Perfect Pair

Hey,
I don't know about the rest of the country, but over here in eastern WA, it's been sunny, clear and all-together gorgeous out! I spent yesterday painting in Starbucks after riding my bike around town enjoying the summer-like weather. During this fantastic spell of good weather, I painted this sweet fair-haired girl. She has a hippie/Native American vibe and a sweet disposition. The actual painting's expression is much happier but the camera's resolution removes much of the detail causing things (like her lips) to seem small of "off" .


Last week my sister and I discovered a Scandinavian singer named Sondre Lerche in Spin Magazine. To say the least my sister has fallen hard for him and his ideal voice, and I can't say I blame her. Below is an adorable song called Heartbeat Radio and it radiates all that this artists is. Take a peak, push play, and be prepared to order a CD ( I already did!), because once his honest lyrics and light hearted voice fall on your ears, you'll be falling head over heels.
Enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. Oh Sarah!! You are soooo gifted! How lucky for all of us. The painting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete