Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Great Steal!
I'm a bit of a shop-aholic but I'm proud of it! I search for great sales (I once got a pair of Gap jeans for $3! and a JCP Jacket $4!) stores and track trends through Polyvore. I think it has something to do with spending part of my first twenty-four hours of life shopping. My grandma Took me straight to a Nordstroms, and ever since that day we've gone shopping together. Over the years she's helped me recognize the difference a bargain and a "rip-off-bargain". (You don't want the buttons to pop off once you get home, or the threads to unravel no matter how good a deal it was)
Anyways, last week I noticed that I needed some semi-athletic shoes. All I own are slip ons, knee high boots, and gladiator sandals. Not hiking material at all. I was searching and I found these adorable Pony converse-like shoes, for only $10! Originally they had been around 45, and over time they had dropped in price, so I knew the quality was good, the store just wanted to move out old stock. There were a few options but I went with the gold and black. They have a sort of retro feel, especially with the golden stripe along the sides.

I love that stripe!










Celtic Door Mural


This is an outdoor mural I finished last Friday for a client.
She wanted something muted with Celtic knots and a fountain.
I used all outdoor paints and will end up sealing it soon.
I'm really happy with the way it turned out, very ancient feeling.




This is the view from where I painted
The rest of the mural will be up soon!
~Sarah




1 comment:

  1. Sarah! This Mural is Amazing! I love it! and the view is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete