Sunday, June 20, 2010




Hello everyone, sorry about that long break. Life's been taking me for a ride lately. About a week ago is when it all started, my absence prior to that was just due to laziness. And although chronologically it makes sense to start with what came first, I want to save that for ending. You know, go out with a bang. Last Sunday, Fathers Day, my dad helped me set up my Etsy Site. I am Officially selling art online!! and here is my Etsy site:





I know what your thinking, well what could be better than that? You've been working on it for months, planing saving, painting. What else is there?



I'll tell you soon, but first an update on my latest painting.



The Wilson ball or Castaway ball is to give an idea of how huge this painting really is.







I decided to paint two old Victorian botanical (green) houses and above them is going to be a deep night sky with spinning stars and perhaps nebulas and galaxys. I'll just let my brush do it's thing and see what happens.





Now I bet your wondering what I have up my sleeve?



Well..its a big one.



.



.



.



.



.



.



.



.



.



.



.


.



.



.



I'm Going To FRANCE!



Paris to be exact.

Now, I'm not leaving anytime soon. I fact I have to wait a whole year until my plane leaves for Paris. This time next year I'll spend 12-14 days of June in Normandy, Paris, and maybe a day in Giverny. You may be wondering "but Sarah isn't this kind of sudden? Out of the blue?" Well this is true, in fact its a fluke that I'm even going. The World Language Center where I take Spanish has a French class. For a few months now they've been saving and planing this trip for 10 people. After arranging accommodations for ten people two of the members decided to pull out leaving two empty spots. The director of the center knew about my love of art and offered me one of the spots. Can you believe it?



I'm might go to Monet's Garden in Giverny.



I'm going to the Eiffel Tower.



I'm going to the Louvre.



I'm going to Mont Saint Michel.



I'm going to the Beaches of Normandy.



....



I feel so blessed to have this opportunity, especially as an artist! I will be mere blocks away from paintings done be my heroes! Monet, Manet, Van Gogh, August, Renoir, Rembrandt, and countless others! I will walk streets that August did! I might even see the site of his famous, Luncheon of the Boating Party.


(below)



I've been taking art classes since age five. I've been learning about these (relatively) modern masters since day one at my first art class. I've read books about Monet's garden for years. When I found that I had a real chance to go and see the works of my heroes, breathe the Parisian air, watch the Seine float by and pretend I was in old Paris during the Impressionist movement I nearly cried. Just the chance to go sent me wheeling, 12-14 days in France!



This fantastic opportunity doesn't come cheap though. The whole trip (I'm not sure if this includes food) will cost 2,500 dollars, just for me. Sure I have 11 months to save up and raise money, and yes I have a fairly good paying job (during the school year) but after crunching the numbers, its going to be tight. I've refused to have my parents help pay, I just don't like that idea, plus I want to see if I can do it myself. To get that money I'm going to be saving every penny. Hopefully the online shop will help pay for my trip too.


Well, that's why I haven't been around much lately.
Life has been to busy to stop and write about it.
But after letting that flood of words out I remember how much I enjoy it.
I'll be writing again soon,

~Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment