Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ah, Hello,


This is my latest painting.


Awhile back I visited Portland, and as we drove through the Gorge looking at all the ancient trees and moss, I had this idea pop into my head. A woodland view full of splatters, trees and brush. In the center I put an all-white house as a contrast to the crazy nature consuming the landscape.

As you may have noticed, I'm doing a layer/splattering technique. It gives such a lovely effect.
However, taping, splattering, pealing then re-taping again takes patience.




I never will be one of those artists with a clean studio, but, I'm not really worried about it!


"A messy desk is the sign of a creative mind."


At least, that's how I think it goes..








Fashion Shoot #2
Autumn, Blazers and Stripes



I threw this together in a hurry to share my latest find!


I have always wanted a Boyfriend Blazer, and after months of searching, pricing, cringing then more searching, I found this little gem for $23!


Sure beats the identical one at Gap for $89!


ahh.. and its very cozy for Autumn.




Boyfriend Blazer:American Eagle......................................................$23.00


Shirt:Pacsun.................................................................$12.00


Jeans:Forever21...............................................$12.00


Brogues:Target.............................................$19.99


Necklace:LoveCulture............................$12.99

Show and Tell,
Videos

Yesterday, I was reading some of my favorite blogs, and I followed a "rabbit hole" of links
until I stumbled across this French band called Odland.

Everything they do has a completely original sound, since they use kid toys, old electronic instruments, piano, and even dog toys that squeak!

Here is a music video of their's that I want to Share.

Its so full of quaint adventure and old time charm! I must warn you, it's very long, but the music is so beautiful, I just like to have it playing while I paint or read.

Enjoy!

Défi. from Lorenzo Papace on Vimeo.

On this note, I will leave you until Monday,

Stay Artsy,

~Sarah B.

No comments:

Post a Comment