Friday, January 7, 2011

hmm, I've always wanted a chair like this..
So detailed and elegant looking!
Lucky for me I found one at an antique store for only 15 dollars!


I couldn't just pass up on such an opportunity, regardless of the less than "perfect" condition.


So, For my creative outlet today, I took it home and have started restoring it to its former beauty.. with an edge thrown in. As you can see from my drawing above I'm going to re-upholster it with some neat artsy fabric in the white family. I know some places in Portland OR where you can get one-of-a-kind prints. For sure a white background and maybe pink floral details?
Anyways, first thing I did when I got home was take some strong fabric cleaner and a brush to it!


While the seat was still drying from the cleaner I whipped out my artist brushes and gave the legs a glossy black finish.


Ah! Furniture restoration, its an art in itself isn't it?
Stay Artsy,
~Sarah Bosserman

No comments:

Post a Comment