Monday, January 24, 2011

Quote Monday and English Native


The other day I was thinking about how Monday is the least loved day of the week. Call me a bleeding heart, or dork, but I want to help ol'Monday out a bit and make it a special day on my blog. As of today (along with the art I post everyday) Mondays


will be known as "Quote Monday". This doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be a quote, why, it could be just a cute sentence or a joke to lighten the day up. Here at LWSB (Life With Sarah B) we like to mix it up a bit.


Most of the time these quotes/photos won't be my own and I'll try to the best of my ability to track these people down to give credit. Today I spent an hour trying to track down this pictures owner. I couldn't find him/her but you can't say I didn't try!



Anyway, back to art!
On Monday nights I take an art class, and this month we made clay masks that were fired in a kiln. Right now we're at the glazing stage before the final firing.
When asked to make a mask I wanted to do something out of the ordinary, so I made
a proper English gentleman from the 1800's. His back story is that he went on a venture to the
Congo but and went completely native. I enjoyed adding the face paint so much!
I think the rugged native face paint and the proper English expression give my piece an interesting contrast.
Stay Artsy,
~Sarah Bosserman

No comments:

Post a Comment