Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Farther Along Then Yesterday



Another day put into the Green House painting. I'm starting to finish up the first layer of bluish greenish color, next the iron work will have to be done.
I'm using these pictures for inspiration, and to help you get an idea for what I'm working toward. I love the curves and structure these houses have, so structured, symmetrical and Victorian!

Photo Source

Photo Source

One of the hardest parts of this painting is that it takes place at night. In my experience, painting night scenes have always come easier to me, but since I can't find reference photos of botanical houses at night, it has been extremely hard to figure out the lighting and color value of everything! Like any other painting, I'll figure it out.. but jezz I wish it would happen faster!

Stay Artsy,

~Sarah Bosserman



No comments:

Post a Comment