Monday, February 21, 2011

My Art Journal!

Well, This is my new Art Journal!
A place to keep old movie tickets, letters from family, and notes about life in general.
It's like a diary and a scrap book combined!
A place to keep "bits" of paper that represent memories.



For my first entry I've decided to put all of my movie ticket stubs in order from oldest (2005) to now. I'm a big movie go-er, and each ticket reminds me of the family or friends I went with, when I did it and how much I enjoyed each trip. My dad and I love watching movies together. New or old, a good flick is better when watched with a buddy. I hope to continue this tradition with my kids someday. I can imagine taking the book out with my kid next to me, saying "here's when we saw Star Trek, The Matrix, Star Wars, Up, Avatar.. etc."

I also have stubs from seeing Raphael exhibitions, Toulouse Lautrec, Rembrandt and many sports games!
A ticket may be a bit of trash to some people, but for me it's a reminder of what to share with that future family I'll have. Going to a game, a museum or catching a good movie with the people I love, it's these kind of memories I want to remember the most. I'll post more pages as I create them.. so long as they aren't to personal. A girl has got to have her boundaries! haha, well,
Stay Artsy,
~Sarah Bosserman

No comments:

Post a Comment