Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Finished! Now a New Begining..

Well, this is the last picture I took before I dropped the behemoth off at the gallery.
I add more highlights, and touch ups after I took the picture, but this is fairly close to the end result.

Now that this painting is over I feel like I'm completely done with this subject matter. I don't want to be a fantasy painter with overly bright colors and cheesy outer space skies. I want to go back and read about Leonardo Da Vinci and Rembrandt. I want to study nature, animal and human anatomy. I want rich textures and layers, lots of built up layers. I want to convey emotions through people, light, and brush stroke flow! I won't lose that whimsical touch, but I want to study the best, then see where it leads me. I know it will be a long process to get wherever this instinct is leading me, but it's one I plan to start following tomorrow.
I hope you'll stay with me through it,
Stay Artsy
~Sarah Bosserman


No comments:

Post a Comment