Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tribal Girl and Hemingway


I've been working on this painting on and off for a few months, and tonight I finally said enough is enough!! This is the finally result and I'm happy with it. She was my first attempt at painting a human full on, and although her features are a combination of people in magazines, she is entirely made up. Some people say it's easier to paint form your head because its made up anyways, but I found it to be far far far harder. I had to guess at shadows, lighting, and physics in general! From now on I'm working from my own photographs and studies... with embellishment, but still!

Like Hemingway said, "Start with truth.".



Acrylic on canvas


I sure hope she goes to a happy home!

Stay Artsy,

~Sarah Bosserman

1 comment:

  1. I really like this Sarah - Do Not Be So Hard on Yourself. I love your colors here - all of them - so great! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete