Friday, April 29, 2011

The Vincent Lizard

Well, for the past few weeks I've put off this painting.

I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. It needed something, but I just couldn't figure it out.

Last night I watched a 35 minute movie on Vincent van Gogh. What I was fascinated with was his superb mastery of color. All my life i had thought much like a child that he had been born with this natural ability to just know what works and what doesn't. In his letters to his brother he would write about his studies on color theory and endless hours of sketching and painting, nature being his greatest teacher. Yes, natural ability is definitely there, but so is hard work! I can understand both parts, and so, after contemplating some of his theories I ran downstairs and vigorously painted until 11:25 pm. Today I spent a bit more time on it, but I believe it's nearly there!


My goodness, paintings don't translate well when filtered through a computer!!

This week it will be hung at Cheese Louise, where anyone can stop by and see it the way it's meant to be! Oh, and I have some good news! My art will be up for the month of May as well at Cheese Louise, you Cheese Mongrels are the best!!


Stay Artsy,

~Sarah Bosserman


No comments:

Post a Comment