Saturday, May 28, 2011

Fried Green Tomatoes

Today was so beautiful!

After teaching a private art lesson I walked 2 and a half miles in the warm early summer air to a Starbucks. Once there I sat and read a New Yorker I had bought out on the cafe patio. I read articles as serious as the situations in Egypt and Tunisia, and all the way to the pop culture side bar on Opra's last show. I had a healthy dose of current events and bubble gum. While I was out there drinking my ice coffee, I couldn't help but feel grateful for everything around me. The overwhelming beauty of oncoming summer held me there, transfixed with the promise of adventures yet to come. In less than 30 days I'll get on a plane to Paris, the city where all of my art heroes, literary heroes and music heroes have painted, wrote and played. The City of Lights was calling me on the patio at Starbucks. All I have to do now is wait.

Today I sketched a house from the movie Fried Green Tomatoes.

It's one of my favorite movies, Netflix it if you can!


Stay Artsy,

~Sarah Bosserman

No comments:

Post a Comment