Monday, May 9, 2011

Painted Rose

This evening the weather was beautiful, and as my best friend and sister picked and discussed classes for the next school year I sat and painted the rose in the vase on the table. While I sat there I was so happy to be out of high school. I took this past year off to work and hone my skills as a painter before next fall when I'll start collage. for the past months I've learned a lot about myself as a person and a painter. I'm starting to reach that point where I'm selling work and displaying art in local places. This experiment out in the real world has been a good experience. Working hard, painting with passion, learning life skills, living cheaply but hapily.. I'll be a little sad when I start in the fall. I enjoy learning, but I dread the idea of an ignorant art teacher, and lost time when I could be painting.

blah. Enough pity party!!

It'll be great, I just have nerves!!


Anyways, here's my rose.




It's water color on paper, and I think it took half an hour.


Well, cross your fingers for me, oh, and...

it's now 46 days until I get on a plane for my two week trip to Paris!


Stay Artsy,

~Sarah Bosserman

No comments:

Post a Comment