Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Last Day In Paris, France Tomorrow!






Today was my last day in Paris!
Tomorrow we'll start our tour of the Northern French cost. the group and I will go to Mont Saint Michel tommorrow for a day then on to Normandy, then on to Bayeux. As much as I'll miss this incredible city the promise of new vistas is tempting. While here I haven't been able to sketch or make art much due to the site seeing. My plan is to soak it all up, t
hen come home and let the inspiration flow onto the canvas. However, the day after I arrive home to Washington state, my family and i are jumping into a U-Haul for our move to Texas. The paintings will have to wait a little long!! Oh, the suffering of an artist!! :)

Today we went to Notra Dam and the jail where Marie antonette stayed. I( prefered Notra Dam. It was gorgouse! I have never been in such awe inside a building let alone a church before. It had magnificent stained glass, strong powerful arches, and graceful murals. Inside on hidden speakers a beautiful solo choir song was being played on loop, adding to the heavenly atmosphere.

Here are some photos and a few sketches I managed to jot down over the week.

Stay Artsy,
~Sarah Bosserman

2 comments:

  1. Did you have an overwhelming urge to sing God Help the Outcasts in Notre Dame? Because I know I would have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Incredible opportunity... and love those sketches. Have fun Sarah!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete