Saturday, June 25, 2011

Life in Paris



I know that I've been in Paris France for 4 whole days and haven't blogged,
but when life moves fast you don't have time to stop and write about it!! Sure Hemingway wrote a novel about Africa while riding an elephant in Africa, but hey, I'm no Hemingway! That said, Paris is the greatest city on earth. period. The people here are honest, say what they think, but also are very polite. I will never say another word against the French. When I go back to the states my manners will be vastly improved from this experience.

Hahah, just outside the apartment window a native french women sneezed with such intensity! Even their sneezes sound French! Honestly!

The streets here are clean, with many alleys where pedestrians walk down the center of the road peeking in on shops as they stroll. The window displays are beutiful, bakeries, jewlery, art, clothes and especialy the shoe stores are my favorite to look in on. Maybe I'll buy a pare of cloth boots I've been coventing since we arrved...

There is so much to write about here, but not enough time to get it down!

So far I've seen the Lourve, Musee d'orangerie and my very very very very favorite.. Musee D'Orsay! It had Monet, Manet, Renoir, Georges Seurat, Edward Burn Jones, Van Gogh, Toulouse Lautrec, Rodin, Whistler, Paul Gauguin, Pizarro and many many more. I saw so many of these artists' great works including Van Gogh's self portrait, workers sleeping in the hay and so much more! Renoir's Bal du Moulin de la Galette!! The paintings are so ALIVE, and full of light in person!!! I can't believe it! I also saw Monet's Water Lilies. I cried the second I saw them. I couldn't help it. Seeing the colors, the emotional gestures of paint, the murky water depths and the light playing on the surface touched me to the core. I cried, and I'm so thankful for this blessing of a trip.






Stay Artsy,
~Sarah Bosserman


No comments:

Post a Comment