Sunday, October 9, 2011

Connecting the Dots & Growing

Hello all,
Ever since I started this blog I meant not only to share my art, but also my love of fashion.
Sharing my art has come easy, but as of yet I've been to timid to share fashion looks. Not anymore though! I've had the virtual and mental version of a makeover! It started when I watched the key note speech Steve Jobs ( May he rest in peace) gave to Stanford University in 2005. This is the greatest encouragement speech I have ever seen both online and in life.


This video forced me to re-work everything this blog was meant to be. Things had to change
in order for growth. If you don't take risks then you become mentally stagnant. So, I sat down for an entire day, studied blogs I admired, made lists of priorities, and gave my self permission to be bold and adventurous. The readers of this blog are my family, friends and Lookbook followers. I didn't want to let you all down, but what I realised is I was letting myself down living within a grid of rules I had created.

Would you all be disappointed if I started highlighting fashion as well as art?

 No, of course not!

Sounds silly, but we all force ourselves into conventions we think others expect. Mr. Jobs touches on this in his speech briefly and that's what got me out of my box.

So, to wrap it up, Life With Sarah B will now have both Art and Fashion. Whew! I feel better, don't you? Oh, and I gave the blog a makeover during this whole thing, I'm quite proud of my handy work :)

Stay Artsy,
~Sarah Bosserman





No comments:

Post a Comment