Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hatshepsut & The Spaceman

Hello Friends,

Can you believe it, Halloween is only 4 days away!
I can't help but think of my all time favorite costume when I was little. I dress up as the ancient Egyptian Queen Hatshepsut, complete with linen dress, headdress, huge necklace plait, arm pieces, and thick eyeliner. It was awesome, and I made it all myself.. I just wish it had been warmer that night.

Anyways, my Spaceman/Monster Mash painting has been so much fun to work on. I love havinga good painting to sink my hours and thoughts into. These oils are working beautifully, in fact I can't believe this is only my second painting with them. I don't think that I'll ever be able to go back to acrylics!



His foil spacesuit has been a challenge to paint since I don't have the color black.
My teacher forbade us of it until we know how to properly mix colors. Maybe I'll sneak some.. it's so hard!!


I put together this animation to show how I like to develop my subjects.
As the project goes on I'll add more photos. 


Spaceman Development


So, What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid, or adult?
I'd love to hear :)


Stay Artsy,
~Sarah Bosserman

No comments:

Post a Comment