Monday, October 24, 2011

MONSTER MASH

Hello Friends,

How was your weekend?
Mine was full of little surprises. I crashed a little league game, visited an aquarium spur of the moment, almost witnessed a horse drawn carriage collide with a taxi, discovered frogs don't have tear ducts, got hit in the head by a Frisbee, and screamed at Ikea when a little girl jumped out at me in the lighting department.

"BOO!"

I'm easily frightened, she must have been 5, and was she proud about scaring a big kid.
"I Booed you!!" she kept saying.. Oh kids are so funny! :)

It was that experience out of all the others this weekend that inspired my latest painting Idea. It's based off that cheesy Halloween classic the Monster Mash. I wanted to make a painting depicting just that! A dance full of odd creatures, not necessarily mummies and skeletons, I'm no Tim Burton. No, I'm thinking more along the lines of Fosters Home For Imaginary friends meets Jetsons spacemen. They'll all be slow dancing, and I could go either way on the color scheme. I could go for soft browns and golden hues to evoke a 1950's golden age feel, that would contrast nicely with the unusual subject matter. Or I could use purples and greens in a smooth modern and crisp way..



Whatever I pick I know it'll work out, but it's fun to consider the options.





Lately I've started taking pictures of the park outside my window.
I love watching the kids play after school, the nannies with babies in strollers, the dad and son play catch. It gives me a sense of community, and it's amazing how beautifully people interact with each other. Enjoy!




Stay Artsy
~Sarah Bosserman

No comments:

Post a Comment