Friday, November 4, 2011

Floating Castle Vision


Hello Friends!

This is a concept I'm working on.
A floating castle over a country side. One morning while I was in France my group had to get up at 4am to catch a train. It was a beautiful trip through the rural fields. I was so tired at one point I fell asleep with my head against the window. I dreamt of a hovering ancient castle out my window. It felt so real that I started awake. I haven't been able to shake it off, so what better to do with this vision than paint it? It will have soft, milky greens, blues and browns.





I used this vintage 1950's post card as reference.
I love old postcards! I have a rather large collection that comes in handy for reference photos and decoration. This is Whitby Abbey, Yorkshire England. One of these days I'll have to devote a post to my collection!


Stay Artsy,
~Sarah Bosserman



No comments:

Post a Comment