Tuesday, December 20, 2011

James Cameron Style Christmas Cards

Christmas Cards
Sarah B Style,


I've thought of making Christmas cards to sell over the years, and I have done it, but it always felt hollow. I don't like creating just to sell. Making art is a soulful experience and an act of love for me. If I start out with a market driven plan, a subject that's trending on etsy, the result feels cheap to me.


So, when I set out to make these cards for some girls who've befriended me since moving to Texas (from Washington State) I really wanted to make something special. I wanted to say thanks, it isn't easy making friends, and I appreciate you all.


I wanted to be sure that my cards got this across without being maudlin.
So, instead of going straight for the sentimental-gushy-hallmark we've all become used to.. I decided to go the James Cameron way.


Effects!!


How can you add effects to a card you ask?


Why, Pop Ups of course!!








AAaaannnnnddddd...

The Finished Cards!







More cards will be made, about 8-ish..

Yup, 8 kind persons, hopefully will like my gifts.


Have a Merry Christmas, DFTBA, and Stay Artsy,


~Sarah Bosserman




4 comments:

  1. Oh Wow, these are seriously rad cards!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're seriously rad for saying so!
    Thanks Justine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Loved my card and now I love seeing the process.

    Thanks for hanging out last night. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete