Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy Sad

Sometimes, I hear something, see something so beautiful, that I can't help but get this knot in my stomach. A sweet aching pain, that odd as it feels, I wish would last forever. A happy sad. I don't like to share my feelings with people, but I'm trying hard to remedy that. I want to share my art without obstructions, that includes the emotions that drive me to create. I want to be honest to you all.

This is a light warmth/cold study of my sister. My sister and I are, as juvenile as it sounds, best friends. I trust her with every thought I have, and my new sweater to wear. She is so full of courage and compassion, ready to be an ear to anyone who needs help. Sometimes I can't help but be distant, and she always knows how to make me human again.

This painting is dedicated to her, fitting as she is the subject.
My vision is of soft colors, light that holds her, both cold and warm.
From her rosy hands to the soft billowing skirt around her ankles, I hope it all comes together on the 4 foot by 2 foot canvas.





I want the painting to have that happy sad feeling.

Stay Artsy & DFTBA


Sarah Bosserman

No comments:

Post a Comment