Monday, January 16, 2012

Live and Learning


So after dragging my feet all day, I forced myself to pencil sketch the girl's outline.I hate, hate, hate pre-sketching. Yes, it's all part of the process, and yes I will be grateful for it later on.. but this is the least enjoyable part for me. So I did it really fast, and sort of messy.
Live and learn right? Live now, learn.... uh.. later.
Honestly though, for this painting, which will take many weeks, I can always fine tune it later. But now I've (quickly) moved into the color blocking stage. My favorite. Here I can figure out the flow and feeling.
My painting style works like a paint by numbers, horrific sounding but let me explain. I paint in the light tones first, with shadows in monotone, then I lay on the carefully picked flesh hues, and fabric hues by sight, methodicaly. First I sculpt it, then I paint it and the light tones act as a guide.





So that's how I work, hope I explained it clearly.
Stay Artsy & DFTBA
Sarah Bosserman


No comments:

Post a Comment