Monday, January 9, 2012

Monet's Work Ethic Applied, Sort Of


After so much time spent on
one painting, I'm glad to find that I'm not sick of Space Men as subjects.
I remember when I was 5 learning about Monet's Water Lillies for the first time. I used to think "Doesn't he get board painting the same thing over and over again?". I was to little to begin to understand the powerful fixation between subject and execution. I have to keep working, keep adding layers, keep adjusting, keep improving, keep at it, on, and on until it lines up with the vision in my mind. I can be my biggest fan but I can also be my biggest critic. So now I understand Monet a little more. Of course this all leads to the fact that the Space Man isn't finished yet, but with each day I get closer.


Oh, and these photographs never do my paintings justice.



Stay Artsy & DFTBA


Sarah Bosserman



No comments:

Post a Comment