Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Goldy Locks Zone


More Concept for the Tophat Character from Tophat: Project Black, a graphic novel in the works.

        Finding the sweet point between feminine and kick ass is really hard. This is the problem I'm slowly solving with every drawing of Tophat. I feel like her previous looks were to model like and thin. You've got to believe she can throw a hard punch, but still be attractive. So, after studying beautiful models like classic comic book characters I swung over to view video game characters like Eleanor Lamb from BioShock who have a gritty feel. I also started to think back to Sarah Conner from the first Terminator movie. This is my first drawing that pulls from those sources, and I'm pretty happy with the direction it's taking. I'll ink this over to add more depth, but since it's getting late,it will have to wait until tomorrow!


Stay Artsy & DFTBA

Sarah Bosserman


No comments:

Post a Comment