Thursday, March 1, 2012

Japanese Inks


Who loves Hobby Lobby?

I DO!

Today I bought a pack of ultra fine Micron art pens and a Pintel Pocket Brush.
Both types are specially made for graphic illustration. Now before I take my fancy-pants Japanese Ink pens to an important piece, I'm experimenting and learning by doodling on lesser sketches. Like..
Lizard Guy!

Now, I know next to nothing about handling one of these pens (more like brushes) so, I used a pencil to make a blueprint. Afterwards I inked over it, and here's how it turned out.

Pencil sketch..


Inked over..

Inking was wonderful and easier than I thought, though I'm no where near the level I want to be.
Ah well, there is time yet to  learn and have fun playing with thick and thin lines, which you know I will. :)

Stay Artsy & DFTBA

Sarah Bosserman



No comments:

Post a Comment