Thursday, March 22, 2012

Peter Pan's Lost Boy


Today I painted a Lost Boy.

When I was little my favorite story was of Peter Pan and his Lost Boys. Even today the old Disney Movie holds a special spot for me. In my apartment complex there is the loud, rambunctious group of kids always running around climbing trees, jumping off boulders, and having epic light saber battles. Seeing them reminded me so strongly of the story, that I had the need to paint it. So, I messed around with complex old fashioned ideas of kids running around in the forest, using perspective and layering. It felt all wrong, boring and forced. Frustrated with it, I turned on Pandora, and just started to sketch random concepts.. and this is what came of it. A portrait of a wild haired child.
A Lost Boy.







He isn't finished yet, and I'm really loving the illustrated whimsical feel.
Also.. if all goes well, this will be made into prints for sale!


Stay Artsy & DFTBA

Sarah Bosserman





No comments:

Post a Comment