Friday, April 27, 2012

The Enterprise Shuttle Flown Over New York City!

NASA's first space shuttle Enterprise was flown from Virgina to New York on the back of a Boeing 747, to it's new home in the Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum. These historic and monumental acts regarding space and flight history always grab my imagination. Although the Enterprise never mad it into actual space (It orbited in around the earth for research and testing) I still want to see it someday in Manhattan. It marks a great moment in the history of our country.


As you can see, today's story had an impact on me.

Something that helps me when concepting a new painting, is what I've done above. I'll get an idea, this time of an astronaut floating of the earth, and before I forget it I'll do a quick drawings of it. Then, if I'm happy with it I'll scan it into my computer to mess around with textures and colors. After I've found a "feeling" I like I'll save it for reference. This is like story boarding for art. Later when I start the more detailed sketches and eventually the painting, I can look back and know what my initial idea was. These save so much time and guess work!

Hope this will help you,

Stay Artsy & DFTBA

Sarah Bosserman






No comments:

Post a Comment