Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Studio Tour and Red Flowers


This is where I work.
My art desk is actually a huge wooden Hope Chest from my Great Grandma Bonnie. The beautiful cigar boxes from my father hold all my pens, inks and paint. The view is of huge twisted and tall oak trees.  Studies suggest that looking out onto nature stimulates the creative areas of the brain.. I'm not one for science-mumbly-stuff but I find this true for me! This is where to conceptualize new paintings, sketch them out, edit them, and write blog posts. I sit at a table to paint, but the rest of my creative process happens here, in my itsy-bitsy island of a studio. I couldn't love it more!

Art Update..

My painting of a sweet child with a wreath of flowers is developing quite nicely. The orange and red flowers really emphasise her dark skin which will become richer as I continue to paint. I really think this painting will top all the other portraits as of yet!
Again I am using oil paint in a watercolor way.



Stay Artsy & DFTBA

Sarah Bosserman

2 comments: