Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"Water World" Girl?


Sometimes when I have a new idea for a painting, I like to test it out in miniature. Colors might change, figure positions too, but the over all feel is what I try to capture.Today was just such a project. Using some photos I took of my sister and her friend, plus some bright Vogue shoots inspired this watercolor.

First I sketch her out with a pencil, then inked it over with a permanent pen.


Next I filled her in with the watercolors.
Oddly i find this to be the most difficult aspect of creating.
Pen and pencil can be erased or altered with tricks, but paint is forever.
Scary. Luckily today the colors flowed in my favor!





I'm not sure who she is or why her dystopian/steampunk clothing is the way it is.. but I like it!

Stay Artsy & DFTBA

Sarah Bosserman



No comments:

Post a Comment