Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Flowers, Leaves & Zero Gravity Hair


Yesterday someone remarked on how I  could possibly know whether I was drawing flowers, leaves, or hair when working on this picture. At first I thought this a very silly question. Then it dawned on me that people can't see my finished idea in my head like I can. So I thought I should point out the qualities that distinguishes these three elements. The leaves are pointed in a Jules Verne fin way. The flowers are ruffled and gather in a circular pattern. Lastly the hair, which would look most unusual in zero gravity, hovers in smooth flowing bunches around her neck and shoulders.

When I first sketch in all these details I have a rough idea of what goes where, so that when I switch to ink it's less of a shot in the dark. However I often improves along the way too.

It's an imperfect science..

Stay Artsy & DFTBA

Sarah Bosserman

2 comments:

  1. Love it... I want to go with her... even if my hair is too short to dance around my shoulders like hers :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would love to hover over our little planet too! haha, my hair is too short to dance too. Thanks for your comment by the way, I love and read every single one! :)

      Sarah Bosserman

      Delete