Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Big Miracle Whales and Ice


I just can't get over that smiling face! The painting continues nicely.

This very evening my family and I watched Big Miracle, the story of how a small community beyond the arctic circle, with world wide help came together to rescue three whales trapped in ice. This is not a movie I would normally watch, I just wasn't sold on the commercials full of happy go lucky cheese. Well, I'm glad my "Grinch" heart gave in because those adds did't do it justice. Not one little bit. Knowing that it's a true life story only makes it better. Seeing the it play out in the 1980's with characters like Green Peace protesters, Native Eskimos, Big Oil hot shots and somewhat shallow newscasters was delightful. Watching these people interact and step on each other's toes was priceless. Like they say sometimes life is stranger than fiction.

I think my heart grew "three sizes larger" after watching this movie.
And it didn't hurt one bit! I highly suggest renting this!

Stay Artsy & DFTBA

Sarah Bosserman

No comments:

Post a Comment