Sunday, July 29, 2012

Moby Dick and Polar Bears



My Polar Bear painting now has color!!

I spend many hours sitting at my desk painting, sketching and inking out pictures. It can be more than a little tedious. To fight the inevitable boredom, I listen to audio books on YouTube. The current "thrilling" read is none other than Herman Melville's Moby Dick. I guess thrilling really isn't the word, but it has kept me in a sort of trance perfect for painting. That droning voice, the constant flow of descriptions.. how bright was the door nob, just how worn were his shoes, and that beard.. which shade of grey do you mean? Well, Herman will let you know, just give him the time to tell you. Of course he does have his funny moments, my particular favorite was " "He" drinks the temped tears of orphans.", I couldn't help but laugh at such a dramatic description of a jerk. Oh Melville, you cut me up! But honestly it is fun to listen to the story, elaborate detail and all. I can feel my "grey matter" working up a sweat, maybe growing stronger. 

After all, whatever keeps my work going, the paint flowing and this blog growing! Haha, maybe I should be reading Doctor Suess insted..

Sarah Bosserman

4 comments:

  1. first time to visit your blog and I really like it :)

    http://girlynote.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting and saying so! I hope you come back again! :)

      Delete
  2. cute!

    http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dulci! I'll be sure to check out your blog too. :)

      Delete