Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom,Totoro and A Finished Polar Bear




Flowers... Check
Warm Sun.... Check
Lazy Dreams.... Check
Polar Bear..... Check

My cuddly, lazy, dreamy Polar Bear and Child painting is finished.

Not only did I finish my painting, but I also saw My Neighbor Totoro for the first time today. Another Miyazaki film and absolutely beautiful. It was full of heart, little joys. The children characters go on adventures with forest spirits, and deal with the possibility of losing their mother. It was surprisingly moving and at times reminded me of Alice in Wonderland, so full of magic. Again, not only did I finish a painting, see a Miyazaki film, but I also FINALLY saw the new Wes Anderson film, Moonrise Kingdom.. 
It was.. Incredible, vintage, clever, hilarious, risky, and one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. 
Yup, I went there, I said it. Now, YOU should go out, buy a ticket and see it too.

Believe me, you'll thank me later. 

Sarah Bosserman


No comments:

Post a Comment