Saturday, October 6, 2012

30 Day Drawing Challenge! Favorite Book Character



My all time favorite book is World's End by Upton Sinclair.

         World's End is not actually about the end of the world. This book is about a boy named Lanny Budd. The book follows his life as he grows up during WWI in Europe as an American. The book deals with social ideology, history and growing up. I adore this book. The first time I ever read it I was 14, and still to this day the story is relevant and I find new meaning and layers within it. A proper summary of the book can be found here.


      Lanny Budd is my subject for today's drawing. On the Wikipedia page for him he is described as "The protagonist has been characterized as the antithesis of the "Ugly American", a sophisticated socialite who mingles easily with people from all cultures and socioeconomic classes". I identify strongly with this character as a traveler, and for his philosophy of kindness and understanding to everyone. :)

Sarah Bosserman 


No comments:

Post a Comment